Orthopaedic - a short film by Oakhill
You need to accept our cookies policy first in order to view this content. If you wish to do so, please click or on Cookies Consent link in the footer to update your selection.
We currently offer the following referral orthopaedic procedures:
- External Stabilisation / Lateral Suture information and price
- Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA) information and price
- Tibial Plateau Levelling Osteotomy (TPLO) information and price
- Cranial Closing Wedge Osteotomy (CCWO) information and price
Fracture Repair Surgery
With both in-house and visiting certified surgeons, we can offer a wide range of orthopaedic surgeries at Oakhill. As a relatively small practice in the heart of The Lake District, we are uniquely placed to offer a gold-standard surgical referral service, without the significant costs of running a multi-disciplinary referral hospital.
We are passionate that these highly skilled procedures should be accessible to the majority of pet owners. Our aim is to make referral procedures affordable; our ‘All Inclusive’ prices are typically 20-40% below the national average (price comparison April 2020). Rest assured though, our affordability by no means compromises our service. As well as everything you would expect of a referral service, we are proud to support British industry and use N2 British sourced and manufactured surgical implants.
We strive to ensure our orthopaedic surgeries are ‘all inclusive’ and so INCLUDE the following:
- Prehabilitation consultation in our state-of-the-art Animal Rehabilitation Centre (ARC)
- Pre-anaesthetic blood screen
- Hospitalisation (up to two nights total in the 24-hour pre/post-op period)
- Intravenous fluids during the anaesthetic and surgery
- General Anaesthesia / Sedation
- Surgery (including implants)
- Post-operative analgesia (for up to three weeks)
- 24-hour post-operative laser / ice therapy / physiotherapy
- Week one post-operative rehabilitation consultation and rehabilitation plan (in the ARC)
Please note: while we do our utmost to include costs for all circumstances, our prices do not include unexpected post-operative complications such as (but not limited to) late meniscal injury, requiring exploration of joint (for cruciate disease), self-trauma to the surgical site, post-operative wound infection and post-operative fracture complications. And/or, any matters arising from non-compliance with post-operative advice.